Friday, November 13, 2009

Clean Your Plate!

The last few days I've gotten a little back into "cleaning my plate" and less eating intuitively. I need to stop this now and get back on the wagon. I'm definately sliding into diet mentality!!! It must end today, right now. I love Intuitive Eating (so much that I capitolize the letters nearly every time I type about it).

So why am I losing my focus? Hmmm... I really don't know. But it's over now. Today is a new day, and I'm resolving to get right back on track. I am sipping my coffee and waiting for hunger before I eat anything. No hunger yet, but I have poptarts in my purse for when it does occur. I'm done cleaning my plate! Here are a couple of things that I am going to try the next few days to get me back on track:

1) only put really small portions in front of me. I can always go back for more if still actually hungry. This way, if I clean my plate I probably won't overeat and may still be hungry.
2) drink water between bites. Put utensil down between bites. Breathe between bites. Anything to get myself focused on my hunger level.
3) Turn off the TV! Stop eating so much in front of the boob tube. I've never been able to completely master this, so to be realistic I will say no more than one meal per day watching TV.

Hopefully I will rediscover the joys of intuitive eating by practicing these things. I'm really excited about the concept of IE, because I know that some day I will be thin and healthy and still eating whatever I want whenever I want. But I need to master the basic principles now.

No comments:

Post a Comment