Monday, November 16, 2009

Eating like a "Gilmore Girl"

The charactors Lorelai and Rory Gilmore have my dream diet: eat out every day, order in every friday, and the four food groups: fast food, frozen food, junk food and takeout.

As I watch the show and realize that the actors Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel probably do not actually eat like that, I still get sucked into the dream that maybe they do. I would love to eat that way forever and stay slim and pretty.

This weekend I certainly ate like a Gilmore. My boyfriend and I ate frozen pizza and oreos for dinner on Saturday and again on Sunday. We added some french fries and popcorn chicken for lunch... wow, were our stomaches sore! I did only eat to satisfaction, and so I did follow the basic principles of Intuitive Eating, but I realize that eating that much processed fattening food on a daily basis will not lead to the healthy weight that I so desperately want.

Still, it's nice to dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment