Monday, November 9, 2009

Update

Wow it's been a bit since posting here. Been busy with work and life, I suppose. But I'm still on the Intuitive Eating bandwagon. I absolutely love it.

Halloween, for example, went very well. To prove it, I could show you a big bowl ful of candy that still sits in my cabinet. Meaning I haven't used the extra candy as an excuse to binge eat. Nope, it's still there for when I'm actually hungry for it, but it's not driving me crazy... in fact I rarely think about it. Huge accomplishment for a food addict.

Also, I've been losing weight. Eating well, losing weight. It's quite an accomplishment. Last week I was very sick. I had a head cold/sinus infection. I did not exercise the entire week. Also didn't make the best choices when hungry, usually something high sodium like soup and crackers. I did not lose weight. But... and this is a big "but"... I didn't gain either! I consider that a huge victory to not gain weight the week I'm sick.

I purchased a gazelle elliptical machine this weekend at a yard sale ($15, awesome deal) and am planning to get back into exercising now that I'm feeling better. Here is my exercise plan for the week:
Monday and Wednesday: lower body weights, 30-45 minutes gazelle
Tuesday and Thursday: upper body weights, 45-60 minutes gazells
Friday: Day of rest
Saturday and Sunday: 45-60 minutes gazelle

Also, I'm experimenting with food. I made a list of my favorite foods, pre-dieting. Most are not so unhealthy, and I've been avoiding them for crazy diet reasons. Last night I bought the following at the grocery store:
"everything" bagels
regular cream cheese
regular yogurt
These foods are not that horrible for me, in fact some would say the yogurt is healthy. However I've been on a "light" and "fat free" kick for years now, and have been avoiding these. I'm looking forward to my bagel and yogurt dinner tonight. It should be very satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment