Friday, October 16, 2009

(copied straight from my ww.com blog)

Things are going very well on my intuitive eating plan. I don't weigh in until Monday, so I'm not sure of the weight results, but I'm having a great time with it.

Things that I've learned about myself:
-If I eat intuitively, I don't eat as often or as much as I used to.
-If I listen to my cravings and hunger signals, sometimes I will crave things like lean protein and vegetables!
- I don't even really like Little Debbies that much. If I eat one, slowly and mindfully, the flavor is just not that great.
-I still have issues with pizza and chips, it's very hard to eat those slowly. I will try again, but no time soon (unless the craving is HUGE, because I am allowed to eat anything)
- I like coffee. (okay, has nothing to do with intuitive eating, but something that I discovered this week, so I thought I'd throw it in)

Here is what I've eaten today:
-1 whole wheat bagel with a thin spreading of reduced fat peanut butter (didn't measure it, but it had to be less than a tablespoon)
-1/2 grilled cheese sandwich with about a 1/2 cup of tomato soup
-piece of birthday cake (surprise from the girls at the office)

Normally by this time of day I would have eaten tons more than that and would be feeling pretty bloated and gassy by now. But now I'm feeling satisfied, and not guilty at all about the one (small-ish) piece of cake.

My exercise this week has been good, I finally got around to adding in a weights routine. I've been doing 15 minutes of weights and 30 minutes of cardio every day. A couple of days I added 15-20 minutes to the cardio, but I'm not worried about it. I am listening to my body, and my body is loving the exercise, especially the weights. I feel the squats and lunges especially today.

No comments:

Post a Comment