Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Book Review: My Life in Orange, by Timothy Guest

I didn't know what to expect with this first book. It is a memoir and I am not accostomed to reading memoirs. As soon as I started it, the book was very hard to put down. It was not only well-written, but very interesting.

It documents the childhood of Timothy Guest, who grew up on Indian communes that were under the guidance of a guru named Bhagwan. His selfish mother is the character that most sticks out in my mind; on a journey towards self-discovery, she loses touch with being a mother almost completely.

I won't give any further details, because I highly encourage you to read this book! It was great, and I got it from amazon.com for a penny (plus $3 s&h, but still).

Next up: The Fountainhead, by Ayn Rand. I started this one last night, and I can't wait to see what happens! It's over 700 pages long, so it may be a while before my next book review.

No comments:

Post a Comment