Thursday, October 15, 2009

Intuitive Eating, Day 3

Okay, so one thing that I have definately noticed that is different about my eating habits: When I eat for hunger, I'm only hungry about 3 times a day. Isn't that INSANE?! Of course, that is not going to be made into a rule now, because that would completely go against IE. I have been involved in way too many diet plans that have encouraged not only what I should eat, but how often. And the majority of them told me to eat every couple of hours, to "keep my metabolism going". It turns out that when I listen to my true hunger signals, not only am I eating less, I'm eating less often. Crazy, isn't it?

This morning, I was only a little hungry and ate a pack of quaker mini snacks. Delicious! Very small "meal" so I may get hungry again before lunch, but I have a pursefull of snacks so I should be okay.

I need to go fill up my water bottle. I am trying to stick with the weight watchers GHGs, but I'm not focusing on it too much during the first couple of weeks of IE. I need to first get used to the ideas that I can eat anything, that there are no "good foods" and "bad foods" just "foods". And also to the idea that I can eat only when hungry, and MUST STOP when satisfied. Those are really difficult ideas to me, but it's worth being able to eat anything.

I must say that I still have "trigger foods". I discovered that on monday, when I sat down to eat some pringles, fully planning on stopping when satisfied... yeah that didn't happen! So I hope that eventually I won't have any "trigger foods" and that I can really eat ANYTHING to satisfaction, knowing that I can always go back for seconds if really hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment